Distance from nearest airport:
40 minutes from Mérida International Airport
Local tourist attractions:
Izamal, Chichen Itza, Ek Balam, Valladolid, Mérida
San Jose Presidential suite 1 Superior room king bed 1 Junior suite king bed 4 Junior suite double bed 5 Mayan Villa king bed 4 Total 15
Hacienda San Jose is located 35 minutes from Mérida International Airport and 45 minutes from the City itself. This is an emblematic construction dating from the XVIII century which, even after its restoration, has maintained the pastel blue of its facade, its decor and the murals in its chapel. This Hacienda is surrounded by lush vegetation: its rain forest gardens, the bird songs and the shining stars will not fail to accompany you throughout your stay. While in San José you will be able to visit the mythical Chichen Itza pyramids and to enjoy scenery like that of the magical town of Izamal, the caves of Balancanche and the Dzitnup sinkhole (cenote). One of the highlights of this Hacienda is the pool, featured in many design magazines, where you can enjoy an amazing garden view and feel embraced by nature. Also, you have a wide selection of massages given in the Mayan Villas. If you are looking for a romantic, peaceful hotel, Hacienda San José is the right choice to make.
The rooms have high ceilings with old wooden beams and restored antique doors and floors. All rooms have a hammock so that guests can sleep in the Mayan fashion. For those seeking a genuine experience, the Mayan Villas are ideal as they combine the typical local architecture with the comforts of present day life, they are designed to exceed the expectations of the most sophisticated travelers.
Amenities are hand made by artisans from the Fundacion de Haciendas del Mundo Maya. Body lotion, hair conditioner and shampoo contain natural local ingredients such as aloe vera and cucumber and they are presented in clay containers to avoid unnecessary waste.
- Non-smoking rooms
- Internet (service cannot be guaranteed 24 hours because of our location)
- Hair dryer
- LCD 32” flat screen TV
- 1 King bed or two Queen beds
- Egyptian cotton sheets
- Goose feather pillows
- I-Pod docking station and alarm clock
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling Fan
- Safe deposit box
Maximum occupancy per room:
- 2 adults and 2 minors (below 12 years old) or 3 adults (Third guest at extra charge)
- Superior Room (40 m2) these rooms are spacious and overlook the palm tree laden road which characterizes the Hacienda, they are close to the main pool.
- Junior suite (50 m2) Rooms have an outdoor tub and a terrace with a view to the gardens.
- Mayan Villas (60 m2) Rooms are hidden among the garden vegetation that surrounds the Hacienda, are Mayan style villas that are absolutely private, comfortable and romantically decorated. Villas have a terrace with a hammock and an outdoor tub surrounded by lush vegetation. The bathroom has stone sinks. The bedroom has a hanging bed with Egyptian cotton sheets.
- Presidential Suite “Casa del Patron” “Master´s room” (70 m2) The Presidential Suite has a lounge area and a separate bedroom, its own private pool and two terraces which overlook the gardens of the Hacienda. The room has LCD 42” flat screen TV, blue ray disc, a movie selection and Egyptian cotton sheets which have been hand embroidered by local artisans.