Distance from nearest airport:
35 minutes from Mérida International Airport
Local tourist attractions:
Uxmal, Puuc Route, Merida, Chichen Itza, Valladolid
Temozon Presidential Suite 1 Superior double bed 4 Superior king bed 7 Junior Suite king bed 7 Junior Suite double bed 4 Deluxe suite king bed 3 Deluxe suite double bed 2 Total 28
Hacienda Temozon is on the Yucatan Peninsula, only 35 minutes from Merida International Airport and 45 minutes from the City itself. In the past XIX century, the Hacienda produced henequen fiber, and was one of the most prosperous Haciendas in the region. The property boasts three buildings; the Restaurant and the Terrace Bar is located in the main building. Reception and the Pesidential Suite, which used to be the bedroom of the owner of the Hacienda, are located there as well. The second building houses the rooms that served as the carpenter´s workshop and the pharmacy; this is where selected employees of the Hacienda lived. Overlooking the pool, there is an area that used to be the Machine room, this is where the birth of the henequen production process took place. At present it is used as a meeting room and it adjoins a unique Spa. You are able to receive individual Spa treatments there but due to the preservation of the cavern, our specially fitted out sinkhole (cenote), you will be amazed when you see this space. Here, exists an everlasting ancestral magic that many say they can feel. This is where you can encounter a special relationship with balsamic nature. Choosing Hacienda Temozon for your stay implies choosing an out of the ordinary experience as, apart from being in a historical building, you will find sinkholes (cenotes), caves, colonial cities and archaeological sites in the surrounding areas. Experience staying in one of the twenty eight rooms with a terrace, nine of them with small private pools or stay in the Presidential suite or “cuarto del patron” (master´s room) which has a private garden, a pool and spectacular long views of the gardens of the Hacienda.
The rooms and suites are located in the original building, which was completely restored and adapted to meet todays luxury hotel needs. All rooms are named according to the function they had in the past, such as: the Pharmacy, the School, and the Carpentry. Room surface is approximately 45 square meters and 55 square meters in the suites, they have high ceilings and spacious bathrooms; also, guests will find a hammock in all rooms should they prefer to sleep in the Mayan style. Interior decor is influenced by the XIX century style when the Haciendas were both prosperous and luxurious. Room amenities are proudly hand made by Mayan artisans of the community who participate in programs supported by the Fundacion de Haciendas del Mundo Maya; the body lotion, the hair conditioner and shampoo contain natural regional ingredients: aloe vera and cucumber and they are presented in clay containers to control waste production.
- Non-smoking rooms
- Free Internet (service cannot be guaranteed 24 hours due to our location)
- Bathroom Scale
- Hair dryer
- LCD 32” flat screen TV
- One King bed or two Queen beds
- Egyptian cotton sheets
- Goose feather pillows
- I-Pod docking station and alarm clock
- Air conditioning
- Safe deposit box
Maximum occupancy per room:
- 2 adults and 2 minors (below 12 years old) or 3 adults (Third guest at extra charge)
- Superior Room (45 m2) Rooms are located at the entrance of the Hacienda; they are cabin style and share a patio and a central garden.
- Junior Suite (55 m2) Rooms are located near the main building of the Hacienda, they have one bedroom, bathtubs, a special outdoor tub which overlooks the garden.
- Deluxe Suite (70 m2) Rooms are located near the main building of the Hacienda; they are very spacious and have a lounge area. Some have bathtubs, an outdoor tub and a terrace with a garden view.
- Presidential Suite “Casa del Patron” “Master´s room” (115 m2) this room belonged to the owner of the Hacienda, it has a lounge area and a main bedroom and a very spacious bathroom with a stone bathtub. The room has a LCD 42” flat screen TV, blue ray disc, a movie selection, and Egyptian cotton sheets hand embroidered by local artisans. The private pool, which used to be the water tank of the hacienda and the private walled garden provide the perfect final touch to this estate room.