One&Only Palmilla lies where the ocean greets the desert and Pacific waters merge with the Sea of Cortes. Where warm waters break gently onto soft sandy beaches. Where gray whales can be seen rising majestically offshore. Where exhilaration and serenity thrive in blissful harmony.
It is a place of rediscovery…of the joy of life, the magic of moonlight, the pure pleasure of sun and surf, music and laughter. It is a place that rekindles the spirit and sense of wellbeing.
One&Only Palmilla is located on the tip of Mexico’s Baja California Peninsula between the towns of San Jose Del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas, within a region known simply as Los Cabos. Set alongside one of the few swimmable beaches in the region, One&Only Palmilla encompasses 250 acres of a 900-acre, master-planned community that includes private residences and a 27-hole Jack Nicklaus-designed golf course.
The climate is tropical, with sunny skies and cool evenings during winter, and spurts of rainfall in late summer. Currency is the Mexican Peso; major credit cards and US Dollars are accepted. The official language is Spanish and English is commonly spoken.
Accommodations are presented in single-story and three-story buildings, or “casas,” encircling the resort grounds along the peninsula’s edge. Perched above the beach, all 173 casually elegant rooms, suites, and villa offer 24-hour butler service and a patio or balcony facing out towards the sea, allowing optimum privacy and unobstructed scenic views.
One&Only Palmilla offers twelve categories of luxury accommodations to cater to the individual preferences and needs of guests:
- 20 Ocean Front Superior Rooms (500 sq. ft.) Located in Casa Tres Palmas, overlooking the Sea of Cortes, these elegantly appointed rooms feature a separate sitting area and private terrace with daybed. Bathrooms have a single-head shower and twin vanity sinks. Available with one King- or two Queen-size beds.
- 41 Ocean Front Deluxe Rooms (600 sq. ft.) Nestled above the picturesque shoreline in Casa Margaritas and Casa Mañanitas, these deluxe rooms are ideal for private entertaining. Spacious sitting areas and shaded terraces with daybeds overlook the Bay of San Jose. The bathroom is appointed with a large marble doublehead shower and twin vanity sinks. Available with one King- or two Queen-size beds.
- 12 Ocean View Terrace Junior Suites (750 sq. ft.) These elegant junior suites in Casa Angelica and Bougainvillea allow guests to enjoy views of the Sea of Cortes from every room – the sitting area, bed and bath – and on the terrace, accessed through lovely louvered doors. A daybed on the terrace invites afternoon siestas. The bathroom is equally luxurious, with its inlaid stone rain shower, sculptured bathtub and color tile twin vanity sinks. Available with one King-size bed.
- 50 Beach Front Terrace Junior Suites (750 sq. ft.) These junior suites, located in Casas Arena, Encanto, Gardenia, Angelica, Bougainvillea, Colores and Miramar, look out over the beach from their spacious terraces, which all have daybeds. Panoramic views of the sea are visible from the sitting and bedroom areas and even from the bathroom, which features a dramatic sculptured bathtub, rain shower, and twin vanity sinks. Available with one King-size bed.
- 16 Beach Front Patio Junior Suites (750 sq. ft.) Located in Casas Arena, Encanto, Gardenia, Colores and Miramar, these junior suites are resplendent with handcrafted Mexican elegance and designed for outdoor entertainment on their large beach front patios – each appointed with a daybed for afternoon siestas and evenings gazing at the stars. Magnificent views of the Sea of Cortes provide a scenic backdrop from every area of the suite, including the bathroom, which features a sculptured bathtub, rain shower and twin vanity sinks. Available with one King-size bed.
- 13 Beach Front Pool Casita Junior Suites (680 sq. ft.) Located in Casa Playa and Casa Sirena, single level beach front junior suites with dramatic private infinity-edge pools directly on the beach on a raised platform offer panoramic views of the Sea of Cortes; sitting area, deluxe pool terrace with daybed, terrace chairs and side table for in-suite dining and private entertaining; marble bathroom; rain shower; over-sized bathtub; twin vanity sinks. Available with a King-size bed.
- 2 Ocean Front One Bedroom Suites (1100 sq. ft.) Swaying palms surround these suites, located in Casa Margaritas and Casa Mañanitas. Each features a separate parlor with elegant furnishings and a full wet bar. Sweeping waterscape views are visible from sliding glass doors that lead onto a patio or balcony, furnished with a daybed. The bathroom is appointed with a separate shower and bathtub and twin vanity sinks. Available with one King-size bed.
- 3 Ocean Front One Bedroom Deluxe Suites (1,200 sq. ft.) Located in Casa Mañanitas, these luxurious suites offer magnificent views of the sun rising over the Sea of Cortes. Featuring beautiful handcrafted Mexican woodwork and decorative art, these suites provide all the comforts of an elegant home with walk-in closets, a marble bathroom with twin vanity sinks and double-head shower. The spacious living area with a wet bar and the private terrace daybed invite guests to lie back and enjoy the tropical breezes and scenic views. Available with a King-size bed.
- 12 Beach Front One Bedroom Luxury Suites (1,400 sq. ft.) For the ultimate in luxury there are the suites located in Casas Gardenia, Colores and Miramar. Offering 1,400 square feet of stylishly opulent living space, each suite has been meticulously designed with sophisticated amenities and handcrafted details created by Mexico’s finest artisans. Private yet open to the beauty of Baja, every part of the suite allows scenic views, from the entertainment parlor and bedroom with walk-in closets, to the spacious terrace with daybed and large bathroom with sculptured bathtub, rain shower and twin vanity sinks. Available with one King-size bed.
- 2 Beach Front Pool Casita One Bedroom Suites (1,300 sq. ft.) These secluded one-level luxury suites in Casa Playa and Casa Sirena feature a stunning beach front infinity-edge private pool with adjoining Jacuzzi. From every room and private terrace you are greeted with spectacular views of the beach and the Sea of Cortes. Featuring a large pool terrace; daybed; outdoor dining facilities; pool lounges; marble bathrooms with sculptured bath, rain shower, and twin vanity sinks. Available with a King-size bed.
- 1 Beach Front Pool Casita Master Suite (1,780 sq. ft.) This spectacular one bedroom suite located in Casa Playa offers the finest in luxury accommodations including a stunning private infinity-edge pool directly on the beach with breathtaking views of the Sea of Cortes. The walk out patio terrace frames the entire outdoor living space, complete with a Jacuzzi; daybeds, pool lounges, outside dining facilities; marble fixtures; indoor and outdoor rain showers, a sculptured bathtub, and twin vanity sinks. Available with a King-size bed.
- 1 Beach Front Villa Cortez (10,500 sq. ft.) A one of a kind masterpiece which captures the true feeling of coastal luxury living. Located in a secluded area on the South side of the resort directly on the beach. Villa Cortez features traditional hacienda interiors with stone patterned floors; Venetian plaster and hand carved wood beam ceilings. Included with the four bedrooms are private spa facilities; 12-person private screening theater; infinity-edge pool and Jacuzzi; full exterior and interior kitchen facilities along with outdoor fire pits. Guests find inspiration in the villa’s leather paneled home office; full gym; outdoor rain shower; and comfortable live-in butler facilities. Two bedrooms featuring king-sized beds and two bedrooms with two queen-sized beds per room.
Restaurants and bars
Overlooking the infinity-edge pool, Agua is an indoor/outdoor restaurant serving exquisite “Mexiterranean” cuisine. The fountain courtyard, festive tile decoration and windows opening to the tropical breeze provide an inviting ambiance for casual dining. In the evening, the moon reflecting on the water and the serenading musicians set the mood for a festive meal. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The palapa-roofed Agua Bar is an entertaining spot for light snacks and specialty drinks served in the afternoon and evening.
The perfect setting for lunch or light afternoon snacks, this alfresco venue overlooks Vista Pool and the Pacific Ocean beyond. The menu offers a continental blend of favourites and tropical libations.
Market by Jean-Georges Vongerichten
the freshness and variety of Mexico’s rich culinary tradition and ingredients. Open daily for breakfast and dinner.
Suviche Restaurant & Lounge
Suviche offers an impressive selection of fresh Sushi and Ceviches in a unique combination of traditional preparation with Jean-Georges’ signature blend of flavors and ingredients. The al fresco casual and fun ambiance is complimented with the scenic views of the Sea of Cortes and live entertainment.
The warmth and hospitality of Mexico is embraced in a sanctuary that is truly a One&Only experience. Therapies are performed in the tranquility of private treatment villas designed with an air-conditioned massage pavilion opening to a tropical garden. Double villas additionally feature a bath with a waterfall shower, daybed and jetted tub in the garden. The spa also has a state-of-the-art fitness centre and kinesis studio, yoga garden and hair and nail spa.
Palmilla Golf Club
Designed by Jack Nicklaus, Palmilla Golf Club is renowned as Mexico’s premier golfing destination. From towering cacti and deep arroyos to breathtaking views of the ocean, this 27-hole course offers challenges and delights. Complimentary transportation and special rates are available for resort guests.
Two infinity-edge pools have concierge services, and one pool is dedicated to families. The resort beach is one of the few in the region where swimming is permitted. Five tennis courts are located by the golf course clubhouse. A varied assortment of books, CDs, DVDs, board games and computers with Internet access are available in the Library.
Resort activities for an additional fee include desert adventure tours, Mexican artisan fonda, horseback riding, Scuba or snorkeling, sailing, windsurfing, sunset cocktail cruises, whalewatching and deep-sea fishing expeditions.
KidsOnly is a fully supervised program of activities for children ages four to eleven years, including games, golf or tennis clinics and cooking classes.
Perched on a hillside overlooking the resort’s tropical grounds, the Chapel is a charming place for nuptial celebrations. A horse-drawn carriage transporting the bride and groom enhances the romance. The spa has a VIP salon which can be reserved for bridal parties.
The Conference Centre reflects a gracious style in the richly hued carpeting and indigenous artistry with modern amenities. The 3,000 square-foot ballroom accommodates 180 guests or can break into four meeting rooms for smaller groups. The separate boardroom features a 52” flat plasma screen monitor for DVD, VHS, Cable TV and PowerPoint presentation display, as well as 8 high-speed Internet access points with wireless capability. A sheltered patio foyer serves as an ideal location for pre-event gatherings and the resort features spectacular outdoor venues on the beach and by the infinity-edge pools.
- Readers Choice Awards 2011 – Best in The World – Ranked #1 in Mexico Condé Nast Traveler – October 2011
- Travel and Leisure “ Best of the Best” issue August 2011 – Ranked One&Only Palmilla “ Best resort in Mexico” Travel+Leisure, 2011
- World’s Best Service – Ranked highest in Mexico – based on reader’s poll – with 97.24 out of 100 Travel+Leisure – June 2011
- Named #10 in Top 20 Spas in Mexico and Central America Condé Nast Traveler – June 2011
- Top 125 Golf Resorts – Named #3 in Top 25 Foreign Golf Resorts Condé Nast Traveler, 2011